Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Glass Office Partition Replaces My Ornate Wooden Door

As an interior designer I love to experiment with assorted mediums and materials. I always pride in being innovative and creative and my projects bear my signature of being unique. I have been in this business for over a decade, but the estimate of scheme I have executed have always been very less, intuit being that am very choosy about the projects I take up. I do not do scheme for the sake of earning money. For me the scheme location should capture my heart and at once I start getting ideas of what can be done. This is when I know I have struck the right cord and hence take up business. My clients are not based in my city. I have clientele over the country from Washington to La. I have clients in Canada too. I specialize in designing homes along with the landscape and other buildings like studio or a cafeteria etc. Am not the type who can build a modern multi storied apartments or multiplexes.

My projects are always theme oriented and are designed retention in mind the natural style and background of the family of the owners. I in fact meet the owner's family and spend time insight their taste and get to know them best before I create their homes. I strongly believe in creating homes that describe their sensibilities and not good looking houses.

Replacement Kitchen Doors

One of my favorite projects was the small itsybitsy bungalow that I built for a notable movie director in Hollywood. Though he lives with his family in Malibu on the beach, work brings him to Hollywood often and he wished to have a very small place which he could use while in town. Out of the two locations in Glendale and Hollywood, we decided to determine down with Hollywood. Though we called it a cottage, it wasn't like a bungalow one would see by the beach side. This was more like an Italian house. The entrance of the house from exterior led the visitors into an open court yard in the front and surrounding the yard was the house in L Shape. From all rooms together with kitchen, the central yard was to have been visible. The outer walls were built with a height of 15 ft to ensure privacy. In this scheme I had made a major mistake. Being an avid accumulator of ornate wooden doors, I had the customer go with me down to Mexico to pick up few old aged doors from an old construction that was being pulled down. The doors were made of teak wood and were more than two hundred years old. I had them polished and reworked and used at the main entrance as well as the living room, without realizing that the central theme of the house was dependant upon getting unobstructed view into the central courtyard. The doors fitted the décor well but took away the attention from the court yard. With a heavy heart I had to get them removed and supplanted with glass panes similar to the glass office partitions and sliding glass doors. The change brought about the desired effect. We went on to create a small water pond in the center of the court yard and planted trees all around. Today the entire life of the house hold revolves nearby the central courtyard.

Today this location has come to be a landmark in Hollywood and has been one of my best projects.

Glass Office Partition Replaces My Ornate Wooden Door

No comments:

Post a Comment